Thursday, October 05, 2006

Thursday Thirteen # 1

  1. We are planning on going to the Morioka Zoo this Monday with some friends. We haven't had the chance to go on any trips with our friends in over a year. This may be our last time before we leave. I have never been to the Zoo, it is a couple of hours away. It should be fun. Turns out that Monday is Columbus day and a Japanese holiday all at the same time so we are all off, which never happens.

  2. Mandy's school is having homecomming week. She asked me to help her with her hair on Wacky Tacky day. The only time she has asked me to help with her hair since she was about five.

  3. Mandy has a volleyball game tonight, she has been working hard this season and is a part time setter. The covetted position on the team.

  4. I just signed up for the scholarship for two more courses, my last two courses here in Misawa. The new classes start Oct. 30, the ones I am taking now end Dec. 4. That means the month of Novemeber I will not remember. Hopefully my new classes are easy. The ones I am taking now are ok. I am currently trying to figure out what a Java Array is?
  5. Lily and I are having a hard time getting along. I think I broke her. I feel like every decision I make is wrong, wrong, wrong. I tried to potty train her again and she refused. I presured her and now she just refuses to pee at all ever. My choices are a girl who wears regular underwear and never pees or a girl who wears pull ups and never sits on the potty. At least she gives me choices.

  6. Mandy and I went out to dinner last weekend, just the two of us. We discovered that we miss each other. We used to be so close. Lately (the last 6 years) not so much. We both miss our relationship, but this entire week, we both tried but it is so hard. So hard to be close to each other. I think the problem is that we are both wanting to be the alpha female and it isn't working. So more trying.

  7. Did you know that in some people allergies cause a the bodies chemical makeup to change and in some people this causes one to have anxiety and depression? I found this out the hard way, I still haven't called the doctor to get my allergy prescription updated. Now it isn't just allergies it is allergies plus crazy. Joy.

  8. Jeff and I went on a date last weekend. We saw Miami Vice the movie. It was horrid. The worst movie I have ever seen. Jeff said it was just like the TV show. But, I loved the TV show. Either my tastes have changed or the movie was nothing like the show. I bought the first season of Miami Vice the TV show for Jeff about a year ago. Someday I am going to sit down and watch it to see if my tastes have changed or not. I really hated that movie.

  9. Jeff has been doing two jobs for the last several weeks. Not like twice the work load in the normal hours, but 16 hour days. It is driving me nuts. This makes me feel bad. That he is so supportive all the time and when he can't be supportive I lose it. On the other hand, I can only handle what I can handle.

  10. I am seriously considering getting a job at our next base. I am just not sure that I am cut out for the stay at home mommy bit. Logically it is the best for Lily and her stupid food allergies. Also she is not on course with other kids her age. She is always about six months behind what she should be developmentally. Having one on one with me helps her get to the next step with love and kindness instead of being labeled a problem child. I am afraid that in a stressful situation Lily would be a frustration to a care provider and not be liked. Maybe I am projecting my frustration. I see the local care providers and they are not the type of people I would feel comfortable caring for Lily. Still it would be nice to get a break sometimes.

  11. We should be finding out what assignments are available in the next few days. The list is supposed to come out on Monday but that is Columbus Day. I am not sure if that means the list will come out Friday or Tuesday. Since we are a day ahead here in Japan, it will most likely be Wednesday before we see the list. Still that is less than a week. A list of the possibilities.

  12. There is a Defense Attache position available in Norway. Jeff has previously applied for two or three of these positions and been denied. We are getting excited about going to the States, but I believe he is going to apply for this Norway position anyways, just to see. We wont get our hopes up or anything, but no sense not trying.

  13. My blogging friend Jennifer writes a Thursday Thirteen every week. Today is Friday, but still Thursday in the States, anyways I am a copy cat. Great idea and I haven't been blogging in awhile I thought a good list would help.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Be warned: it's addictive, this weekly laundry list of 13 tidbits and snippets that might not make up a whole post in and of themselves. And freeing, too. For me anyway.

Yours is fabulous. Your life is so full and bustling.

laura capello said...

Gah. You're busy. I should take a lesson.

And, no, you did not break Lily!

(pretty pumpkins!)

Anonymous said...

what a great list and a lovely blog

tiggerprr said...

What an interesting list :) I used to live in Misawa from Kindergarten through 2nd grade (1974-76) (I'm soooo old). It's cool to find someone who's actually there! :)