Friday, February 16, 2007

To answer some questions

I should be hearing about the house any moment now... In the meantime I thought I would answer some of your questions.

Can we rent? Yes, we can rent. We can also live on the base for no rent, no utilities. We have a lot of options. This means unless I find the house of our dreams, at a price we can afford, we will not buy. This house I am waiting on is the house of my dreams and I believe it has a good resale value, so if we get moved again, we wont lose money. In the military I you choose to live off base (rent or own) they increase your pay by a little bit. So living on base we would have a smaller paycheck with fewer bills and off base a bigger paycheck with more bills. But, with a home you can hopefully build equity and when it sells have a tiny bit of a down payment for the next house? The VA guarantees loans for military families so we don't have to make a down payment. That make bigger monthly payments, and all this is why we can only afford a reasonably priced house. Don't want to become house poor.

Why is the time stamp on my posts weird? We live in Japan and the time stamp is in the Japanese time zone 15 hours ahead of Central Time Zone, where I am right now. While I am in America right now I still have the blogger time stamp set to Japan time, I guess when I move I will change it to be Central Time Zone.

I think that was all the questions? Keep wishing me luck

5 comments:

patrice said...

Pictures??? I've got my fingers and toes crossed that it's all green lights and you get it! Wouldn't that be a relief?
Warmly,
p-

Anonymous said...

Keeping all appropriate appendages crossed for you!!!!!

laura capello said...

have you heard yet? have you heard yet? have you heard yet? have you heard yet? have you heard yet? have you heard yet? have you heard yet? have you heard yet? have you heard yet?have you heard yet? have you heard yet? have you heard yet?have you heard yet? have you heard yet? have you heard yet?have you heard yet? have you heard yet? have you heard yet?have you heard yet? have you heard yet? have you heard yet?have you heard yet? have you heard yet? have you heard yet?have you heard yet? have you heard yet? have you heard yet? have you heard yet? have you heard yet? have you heard yet? have ya? have ya? have ya?

Anonymous said...

Hey, have you heard yet? LOL

meno said...

Just wondering if you had heard yet? :)

Having lived in some base housing myself, you will more than likely have a much nicer place if you buy your own home.

I very much wish you luck.