Right before I met Jeff he saw a stand up performance by Chris Rock where Chris Rock says something to the effect that he would never hit a woman but he would shake the hell out of her. When we first me Jeff told me about that Chris Rock routine and Jeff could quote it verbatem and it was hilarious. I laughed and laughed. He told that a lot, it was his bit.
Now years later I guess he is still doing that bit, but he doesn't really remember all of it. I think he just says I would never hit my wife but I would shake the hell out of her. He told his co-workers, who all happen to be well educated women, about the Chris Rock bit. Later he said it about me, he was trying to be funny but they all just stared at him.
Jeff was telling me about this awkward moment. It made me laugh so hard. I mean I couldn't stop laughing and we were in a restaurant, people were looking at me but I couldn't stop. It was so funny. As I was laughing and Jeff was beaming from having his bit work, I think I understand why people say we are perfect for each other.
I mean when people say that I always think to myself, what does that mean? Does that mean we are both retarded and lucky we found each other or what? But, we do sort of fit.
Jeff is a really nice person. I mean he tries very hard to be very conscientious of other people's feelings. He doesn't even complain or criticise, he gets quiet and you have to pull it out of him, but the thought of him getting all riled up and shaking the shit out of me cracks me up. Then the thought of a room full of women upset with him for being mean or a bully is even funnier!
I Think I May Have A Screw Loose
-
I saw my podiatrist yesterday. One part of my foot is still hurting (it's
been almost two months since the surgery). He thinks it may be one of the
screws ...
3 comments:
It's so sad that in our 'politically correct' society some people have lost their sense of humor. Too bad for Jeff that his co-workers are so 'politically correct'.
John and I have lots of inside jokes that no one else could possibly understand. The things we laugh at and the things we say... People probably think we're completely stupid, which makes it even funnier. I'm glad you have a great, fun relationship with Jeff.
Envision a room full of newly commissioned officers with their wives sitting next to them. Each one in turn introduces their wife, "This is my wife_______who is _______(a nurse, or teacher. or lawyer, or air traffic controller, or works at MWR, or is a bank teller, runs the OWC Thift Shop,or_______?)." When it is my husband's turn to introduce me, we stand up and he says, This is my wife______ and she does absolutely nothing." I thought it was hilarious. Afterwards other wives voiced their displeasure to me and were shocked when they found out that I thought it was funny. More than thirty years later I still think it is funny. And I still do absolutely nothing!
Post a Comment