Thursday, March 23, 2006

a little bit of stress

My exercise program is going ok. My back is much better, which is great. It usually takes about two weeks to feel better, but all this exercise must have helped because it is completely better this morning. But, now my achillies tendon and my arches are hurting. Jeff says I need new running shoes, does anyone have any recommendations? I have never found a pair of running shoes that works for me. When I was younger I used to run all the time and I never had any problems. So I am thinking it is the weight that makes my feet hurt and not the shoes. But, new shoes, who can say no to that? Still I have been to the gym three days in a row, and I went for a walk jog the day before that. So that makes four days of exercies in the same week.

Today Lily and I are beginning our trip training. I am taking her out and about all day on the bus. We are going to be doing a ton of walking, waiting, and even eat lunch out of my bag. I thought we needed some practice. Lily has been a bit wildfire lately and I am so worried about the trip.

Speaking of the trip, we got our passports back from the Chinese Embassy and we got our Visas to China. They are so cool, they have a picture of the great wall. I now have a Visa to Italy, Kenya, Egypt and China. Jeff has Vietnam too. The Visas to Kenya and Egypt were expensive but just a scrap of paper with someone's initials staped to my passport. Very economical. So we are set. Except we are freaking out about what to feed Lily and how she will behave. Should we bring a stroller? Should we bring our carrier? On our last trip we brought about 3 tons of luggage car seat, and a big yellow monkey - we drug it on and off six trains, two planes, taxi cabs, a cruise ship, a rental car, 2 motels -etc. It was hell. This trip we are tempted to just bring the clothes on our backs and a pair of underwear. (and some diapers, no luck on the potty yet).

1 comments:

laura capello said...

Oh good gravy, please do not take as much paraphanalia with you this time.

I'm needing some new gym shoes too. I'm really flat footed and my feet roll a weird way, so finding comfortable shoes is nearly impossible. I've actually considered asking my gym if I can wear my crocs there...