My professor sent us a picture of the lawn chair she is sitting in, on the beach somewhere in Thailand. She has had to have knee surgery and decided that sitting at home in her living room recovering wasn't as much fun as sitting on a beach in Thailand. Since my class is via the Internet she is doing her job, getting paid, and sitting in the shade of a palm tree in Thailand. Such a life.
I got to thinking about vacations. I don't think I have ever had a vacation like that. Mine are very go-go-go. No sitting on beaches enjoying the view. No contemplating life. Go-go-go.
My job involves sitting on the living room floor in sweats, singing songs and doing puzzles. Maybe I am not really in need of a serene type vacation. Still, that beach chair looked mighty inviting.
Speaking of my job… Did you know that the melody/harmony (I don’t know the difference) of the ABC song and Twinkle-Twinkle Little Star are the same?
Lily told me by singing…
A.B.C.D.E.F.G ---
How I wonder what you are ---
Q.R.S.T.U.V. ---
Like a diamond in the sky.
She is a clever one. When I told Mandy how clever Lily is, Mandy said…”I’ve been telling you that for years, you never listen to me.” (insert door slam here).
Note to self: Don’t tell eldest child how smart youngest child is. (see how clever I am) It only took 15 years for me to learn how to communicate with the eldest child.
I Think I May Have A Screw Loose
-
I saw my podiatrist yesterday. One part of my foot is still hurting (it's
been almost two months since the surgery). He thinks it may be one of the
screws ...
2 comments:
You didn't know that twinkle, twinkle little star was adapted for the ABCs?
I might have slammed the door in your face too.
No, I wouldn't have. I would have just pointed a laugh. No, I wouldn't have. I would have muffled a giggle though.
That's for certain.
You do know that Mozart wrote the tune, don't you?
Post a Comment