Sunday, December 03, 2006

Christmas Meme

I stole this from Capello

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
We do both. Jeff loves the egg nog, I make hot coccoa from scratch so Lily can enjoy it with us. Her corn allergy keeps her from enjoying the pre-made stuff.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
Santa does not wrap the presents he leaves at our house.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
We have a white Christmas fake tree. Jeff went out and bought a fake tree the first year we were married. Mandy and I are allergic to the real ones. He came home with the cheapest tree the store sold. The picture on the front of the box showed a great big green Christmas tree. However, upon opening the box we found a 4 foot white Christmas tree. Jeff loves this tree, which we still use six years later. He believes it is our family tradition and therefore we cannot buy a green one.

All this to say that we have always had a green strand of colored lights on this all white tree, very tacky! This year I found a strand of white lights with a white cord. With some gold garland and lots of colorful ornaments I think the tree looks good for the first time. However, I prefer colored lights, maybe someday I will find a strand of colored lights with a white cord? But, for now, white lights.

4. Do you hang mistletoe?
No. But, I do kiss everyone a lot.

5. When do you put your decorations up?
Ours went up this year on the Saturday after Thanksgiving. It is different every year depending on what is going on in our lives.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
Ham and sweet potatoes.

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child:
Every Christmas was wonderful in my childhood memories, it is hard to find a single one.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
I don't remember. For the most part I still believe in Santa.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
We open one present on Christmas eve. We try to put out the presents early. And we all have weeks and weeks to shake the presents and try to determine which present we will be opening on Christmas eve. We try to fool each other by wrapping small things in big boxes, or burrying the cool presents way in the back underneath the socks which are wrapped in an enormous box. But, Santa always brings the best presents.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree?
I collect ornaments from our adventures and from the girls school projects.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it?
Dread it! The rest of the family loves it, I have been living in Misawa way too long to get excited about snow!

12. Can you ice skate?
Barely. Mandy and I used to ice skate when we lived in Fort Wayne, we would desperately hang on to one another and wobble around the ring. Does that count?

13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
Merlin. It was this computer game, it looked like a red phone. It had 9 games, like tick tack toe, and memory, etc. Hours of fun.

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you?
The girls, giving them good memories.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?
Banana pudding.

17. What tops your tree?
A Santa Claus we bought in Italy, very European.

18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving?
Giving.

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song (s)?
Jingle Bells.

20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum?
Yuck.

1 comments:

laura capello said...

yuck? yuck? yuck to the candy canes?

i like those white trees, and i'd keep using it (along side a 7 foot green one).