Today Blogger, has decided to display in Japanese for me, thanks blogger so kind of you to see that I am in Japan and translate everything into Japanese for me.
It has been abismally misserable here lately. Rain, rain, all the time rain. It has been cold too, in the 30's and 40's. Then on Wedesday, in the middle of the morning the sky cleared and I saw sunshine. It was so lovely. I quickly bundled up myself, Lily and our dog Pixie and the three of us went for a walk.
It was incredibly lovely to go on that walk. Having finals, and computer trouble mixed in with a bit of Christmas stress was making me a crabby mommy. It felt so lovely to feel the sun on my face. We laughed, skipped, and sang.
The playground was still wet and icky. After our walk we went to the indoor play area, and found tons of Lily sized girls to play with. Often we find no one to play with, so this was an added bonus. As we were leaving I noticed that the gray skies and icky weather had returned. There was only about an hour tops of sunshine, just a brief little respit from the gray.
I heard on the radio as we were driving home that Americans typically call in sick 3 times per year on days they are not sick, the radio guy dubbed this "Mental Health Days". I was thinking to myself, this is what I love about my job, the stay at home mommy gig, that I don't have to call in sick for a mental health day, I can take all the breaks I need whenever I need them. It is lovely. Laughing with the sunshine on my face, what a simple thing, but it is the stuff that makes me love this choice I have made.
Jeff and Mandy came home from their days, indoors at work and school. Neither of them had even seen the sun. They were in gray moods, while Lily and I were giggly and happy all evening. This morning we awoke to a bit of snow on the ground, hopefully this means the rainy season is coming to an end. Hopefully my computer problems are coming to an end as well. I hope you get a bit of sunshine on your face today!
I Think I May Have A Screw Loose
-
I saw my podiatrist yesterday. One part of my foot is still hurting (it's
been almost two months since the surgery). He thinks it may be one of the
screws ...
3 comments:
well, the sun hasn't been shining here but i did eat some gluten-free brownies.
it was totally for my mental health.
Sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy. :-)
Oh my goodness! The post was positively dripping with happy! :)
I'm so glad you had some sun on your face and fun and songs to go with it. Makes all the stresses from studying easier to take.
Post a Comment