Friday, May 18, 2007

BookWormsRus - book club

I am hijacking my friend Angel's book club this month. I am inviting everyone reading this to participate, even you.

The first step is for us to pick a book. Any suggestions? Favorite books, new books you are dying to read - all suggestions welcome. Even if you are not interested in participating in the book club I would love it if you would make a recommendation for us.

Leave a comment or send me an email to make your suggestion. I will post a list of all the suggestions next Friday and then we will vote.

9 comments:

Lorelei said...

I'm currently just starting to read The Memory Keeper's Daughter.

Anonymous said...

I am always afraid to make recommendations for entire groups. My tastes run the gamut, and I can read anything, but my passions run deep, and I would hate for a whole group of people to despise what I suggested.

But I would love to participate!

P.S. Elizabeth Berg has new book out. She is my very favorite author I'd like most to be.

Anonymous said...

YEAH!!! I am glad your taking over because Angel has become a slacker! :-)' I will look around and see what I find that might be of interest. I will let you know what I discover.

Marshamlow said...

Lorelei - thank you for the suggestion.

Jennifer - You bring up a good point. I can remember when I recommended a book and no one else wanted to read that book, it really hurt my feelings. I am a tad on the sensitive side. I have never belonged to another book club, is there another way to pick the book? Besides suggestions and voting?

Kimberly - Angel was frustrated by the lack of participation. I just like reading, so even if it is just us again I will be more than happy.

tongfengdemao said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
tongfengdemao said...

Anything from my ever increasing list, which you can find here, would work for me.

If you choose something else, if I can get it, I will, but I may have to hold back on new book purchases at the present time.

My participation is iffy. I had signed up for Angel's group at Xanga, but haven't been able to participate yet. Lots of unexpected things happening irl.

~Faith

Lynn said...

I am interested in what book is chosen...hopefully, I will be able to participate.

patrice said...

I read Ahab's Wife by Sena Jeter Nausald last Fall and was riveted the whole way through. Historical fiction at it very best! I'm just letting some time pass before I pick it up for a re-read. Then in Winter I caught her on her book tour for her new book Abundance (about the French court centering around M. Antoinette) and fell even more in love with her as a writer after that book. But really it's Ahab's Wife that I think is in my top ten of favorite's of all time.

I have no idea how a book club at a distance would look like...
I'm curious though.
Warmly,
Patrice

laura capello said...

i need to read.

and if i had any suggestions i'd already be reading them. hmph. :-)