Friday, April 04, 2008

My Little Helper

Today was a floor scrubbing day, we have some ceramic tile floors and while it is lovely the grout is darker in some areas than others. In the kitchen I was able to get the floor swept before Lily found out I was doing floors. Lily is my helper in all things. I began to scrub the floor with the scrubbing brush to really clean out the edges and the grout. I gave Lily a swifter mop so she could "help". It was all going pretty well.

When I had finished scrubbing, I had to mop up all the water I had spread around the floor. I put the bucket of soapy water in the entry way, where there is another tile floor and began to mop up all the soapy water from the floor of the kitchen. Lily found my scrubbing brush and the bucket of soapy water and started to scrub the entry way floor. Too bad I hadn't swept it yet. In fact we have been working in the yard so much that our entry way floor is a disaster, full of sand and leaves.

Can someone please tell me why my trees shed their leaves in the spring instead of the fall. I keep raking and raking and they keep falling and falling.

Lily had added water and stirred up all the dirt, sand, and leaves on our entry way floor. I had such a hard time cleaning it all up. Just when I had it all in a pile, Lily took the scrubbing brush and "helped" spread the pile around some more. I might have snapped at her and made her a bit upset. She then told me she would never "help" me with the floors again, ever! Isn't that a shame!

Jeff has today off from work and spent the entire time napping. Is this what I was missing so much. At least I have someone other than Lily to snap at when they drive me insane. Off to rake some more. Seriously, none of the leaves came off in the fall from my oak trees. Now in the spring they are falling in buckets. The trees did stay green all winter. Are my trees retarded? They sure are pretty, but dang they are a lot of work.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness. You just described what I think every mother struggles with...we don't want to discourage our little helpers, but they sure make everything harder, messier, or longer...in short, their helping adds work to our work. But I've never heard this particular "helping" before. I can just picture her scrubbing dirt into the grout with all her might! Arggg! I might have lost my temper with that one too!

mamadaisy said...

today i pressure washed the driveway and the front walk. if i could pressure wash the grout inside the house, you bet your bottom i would.

a leaf blower is a very worthy investment!

Laura said...

Little helpers are sometimes so hard to discern from little hindrances. I know, at least in my house they are.