Monday, April 07, 2008

A Sickly Weekend

I heard a strange noise from Lily's room on Friday night, I was sound asleep and not sure what I had heard. I went to her room just to check. She seemed to be sleeping peacefully, I covered her with a blanket and left. I was a bit thirsty so I got a drink of water. Not really all the way awake. When I made it back to my bed, Jeff asked if I was ok and I said yes. Just as I laid my head back down on the pillow I heard the noise from Lily's room again. This time I was fully awake and this time I knew what it was.

Lily was getting sick. I rushed to her room. Her bed was covered in it, she had been laying in it. Poor girl. I scooped her up and gave her a bath. Jeff went to work cleaning her bed. I got her all cleaned up and was ready to put her back to bed when it started again. This time I got her a bowl and we avoided having to have another bath. Lily and I were up all night Friday, she didn't stop throwing up until after 7AM. We spent the night together in the living room. Me holding her upright in a chair. Finally we got a couple hours of sleep.

Saturday, she ate a cracker and drank some water and threw it up. We spent the day cuddled up together on the couch, she threw up a couple of times the last time being around 2:30 PM. I put her to bed that night exhasted and ready for a good night's sleep. Mandy was at the prom. Not long after I got settled in bed she started to throw up again. We didn't make it to her room on time again a bath was necessary. Jeff suggested that Lily come and sleep with me in my bed and he would sleep on the couch. We have a small bed. I had trouble going back to sleep. Mandy wasn't home yet and hadn't called as she was supposed to call and tell me where she was going after the dance and what time she would be home. She didn't answer her phone either. Plus I was worried Lily would throw up in my bed and I would sleep right threw it. The adreneline was flowing so much I could feel my heart beating. Mandy finally answered her phone and came home all safe and sound. I guess I slept a bit, no more throwing up.

Sunday Lily didn't throw up at all. She didn't eat or move much either. I got her to drink some water but not much. When she fell asleep on the couch I went to put her in her bed for the night and she was afraid. Afraid of throwing up again I suppose. I didn't think letting her cry was a good idea. So Lily and I slept on the couch. Today she doesn't want to eat or drink. I guess we are working on recovery a little at a time. I am going to try to get her about 5 minutes of sunshine this afternoon. Hopefully it might stimulate some hunger or thirst.

Lily is not a cuddle baby. She only really likes to be held for more than a quick hug and kiss, when she is sick. It is weird to have been cuddling her 24 hours a day for three days now. She doesn't like for me to be away from her at all, as in I have to be physically touching her or she gets upset. Poor girl. I hope she feels better soon. I am not sure what it is she has, a bug, food poison???

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the flu, it is bad the first three days and then wears you out for about 4 more. We all went through it here. Yuck! I hope Mandy had a good time! Go rest!

mamadaisy said...

poor little girl -- i hate to see them throw up, just as much as i hate them to have a fever. so miserable. i'll take a snotty nose any day over that.

i hope she is feeling better soon. i call the nurse at the doctor's office way too often.

we also need to see prom dress pictures, if Mandy will tolerate that. :-)

Kathy said...

Poor dear. I hope she's feeling better.

Laura said...

I hope she is feeling much better today. You must be exhausted.

Sheila said...

Hope Lily is better and that no one else caught "it" if it was a "bug." I always hated to see my sons sick. My husband always seemed to pick up on when they were getting sick.

Princess Cat's Pajamas said...

Poor Lily (and poor you)! How miserable. I hope she feels better soon!

Lorelei said...

Wow, that's a lot of throwing up. No fun for either of you!