I got up at four this morning to drive Jeff to the airport. Upon arriving home I found that my mouse was no longer working. I got Lily off to school. She was in a mood. She did not want to eat, or take her medicine, or wear her jacket, and she cried all the way to the bus stop because we left the house four minutes later than she likes to leave. All the morning crying combined with her sinusitus caused a lot of coughing. For Lily coughing often leads to throwing up. However she has been at school for an hour now and no phone call to come get the sick kid. She is also upset that I am coming at lunch time to give her a dose of medicine. Not about the medicine but about me disturbing her during her lunch. I am planning on staying and eating with her, won't she be thrilled. My conclusion is that Lily is feeling better and she now has enough energy for the demons to come out and play. Only kidding, but I have noticed that she is meaner and onrier when she is less sick. Heaven help me if she fully recovers from this illness.
My job is going to be a nightmare today with a laptop and no mouse. Oh well I guess life goes on.
The temperature here went from nearly 80 to the low 30's and it is annoying. I keep having to change my thermastat from a/c to heat and back again. Last week I was wearing shorts and flip flops this week I am bundled up and cold. I miss the warmth. We are having a few leaves on the trees change colors. I saw a couple of red and a couple of yellow leaves. I guess that counts as fall colors.
I am thinking of buying myself a new computer while Jeff is out of town. Don't tell him. I don't think he has internet access at his hotel. I always give him a hard time when he goes away for "classes". This one just happens to be near his family. I call it a vacation.
In January Jeff might have to be deployed. He won't know for sure until closer to the date. He was supposed to go sometime between June and January but he was not chosen. Now he is supposed to not be eligible again to go for 12 months. However his boss decided to make him eligible again in January. It all hinges on whether or not one of his co-workers manages to get pregnant between now and then. She is trying but can't be removed from the list unless she is. If she is he goes, if she isn't she goes. Jeff volunteered for the June to January bucket so that he would be home in time for Mandy's graduation. He didn't get sent, but looks like now he will be sent and have to miss her graduation. Wow January thru July with no husband fun times. I think I might need more than a new car.
A friend of mine here in Mississippi attended the college of Mandy's choice. If she decides to go to a University that is. My friend gave me a very hard time for allowing Mandy to even consider going to community college. She took me through a day in the life of going to the university and living in the dorms. I mentioned all this to Mandy. I told her that she should probably try the University for at least one semester and see. The next day and ever since she has been in a very good mood. Coincidence? I wonder. Sometimes I think she just tells me what she thinks I want to hear. I am going to a parent night at the school tonight to learn all about planning on how to pay for college.
Wednesday, I am spending the whole day going around with my friend begging for donations to our Relay for Life team. We are trying to put together a gift basket that we will be auctioning off. Anyways, I wonder if I can say - and do you have any spare change for my daughter's college fund. Do you think Obama will make college free by summer? Or pray that the Air Force will let Jeff trasfer his GI bill to Mandy. I think because he used a portion of it on himself it is not going to be eligible for transfer, but we will see.
I Think I May Have A Screw Loose
-
I saw my podiatrist yesterday. One part of my foot is still hurting (it's
been almost two months since the surgery). He thinks it may be one of the
screws ...
5 comments:
Lots going on huh?
6 Months with no husband? That would be tough.
we are having the same schizofrenic weather here, too.
where would jeff be deployed?
Hopefully the girl does not get pregnant, at least she could wait until she gets back. It isn't everyday that your daughter graduates from high school. I think Mandy should try the University route first...good plan. I did not know that you were able to transfer your GI bill to a child if you did not use it! That is interesting to know!
I think that the only thing predictable about the weather anywhere is that it is unpredictable!
I am thinking that since you have not been blogging that you really did freeze to death! Hope all is fine and that you had a very Happy Thanksgiving.
Post a Comment