Lily and Jeff are currently at the ER having Lily's ear checked for an infection. She has been complaining of an ear ache off and on for about a week. Yesterday she came home from school and went to straight to sleep. She didn't wake up until 11:30PM and that was only long enough for some more Tylenol and drops in the ear. She doesn't have a fever though. Military doctors are so dissmissive toward me, or that is my impression, so I sent Jeff. He seems to get better results from the doctors. She hasn't ever been on an antibiotic, not because she hasn't been sick more because the military is stingy with allowing us to get appointments and giving out medicine. Or so is my impression of the whole being insured by the military situation.
Did I tell you that I am a team captain for the Relay for Life this year? I asked everyone I know to be on my team. They all said yes, but at the first team meeting only two came. So we will see how successful I am as a team captain. I did coerse Jeff and Mandy to be on my team too. We are planning some fund raisers for December right now. Next week I am going around town begging for gift certificates and or small items for a gift basket. We are planning to raffle the gift basket at a Christmas market on Dec. 6th.
But first we have to come up with a team name. This has proven to be most difficult. This is the 25th year of Relay for Life and our town is using the 80's as the theme for the event. The colors of the Relay are purple and white. We have been thinking of names like: Purple Rain, Purple People Eaters, Like Totally Cured!, Friends for a Cure... Any suggestions from you creative people?
My job has doubled in work load this last week. On top of everything else that has been a major pain. But, the money is nice. Speaking of money, my anniversary was on Thursday. Jeff and I have now been married 8 years. We decided to forgo presents and instead we went out to dinner at a fancy restaurant we have been wanting to try for the past year and a half. The cheapest meal at this place was $25 per plate, plus drinks, etc. At first I was going to get whatever was least expensive, water and nothing else. Jeff convinced me we, this is our anniversary and we should enjoy whatever we really want. So I did. I even got a glass of wine. We had appitizers and I had the most expensive thing on the menu. I have never eaten anything like this in my life. It was the most amazing meal. I had so much fun. I can still taste the food. I wish I could cook like that. If you ever come to visit me we have to go there.
Speaking of visits. Our friends from Japan. Our Japanese National friends are thinking of coming here for a visit next year. I am so excited. They were so kind to us during our four years in Japan. Enhancing our experience so much by taking us under their wing and showing us the Japan that most Americans never see. Camping, festivals, local spots - I can't wait to do the same for them. I keep filing away all the things I want to show them. Jeff and I both do, we keep a list. And the food, wow. Do you think it would be rude if someone flies half way around the world to visit you, and you ask them to cook for you. My friend Ristico can cook like you cannot believe. Even over a campfire in the middle of nowhere the food she would whip up was amazing. I guess she should be allowed to relax on her vacation while I pamper her. But, I miss her cooking so much. I wonder if she could make do with the American ingredients? What do you think? Is it rude to ask your guest to cook for you?
*update to add: Jeff just called, my poor baby has sinusitus? She got three perscriptions, however the on base pharmacy is not open and we have to go figure out how to aquire and pay for the prescription at an off base pharmacy. I was looking for our insurance information and found a hand written note on an old receipt from years ago in Japan. On this note one of my Japanese friends was teaching me how to cuss at my husband in Japanese. She wrote it all down for me and I have kept it in my wallet ever since. Omae no Kasan Kussotare (you mother fu**er). In case you ever need to cuss in Japanese.
I Think I May Have A Screw Loose
-
I saw my podiatrist yesterday. One part of my foot is still hurting (it's
been almost two months since the surgery). He thinks it may be one of the
screws ...
2 comments:
At least you got Lily to the doctor and hopefully will get the antibiotics in her soon. Maybe they were less costly than some.
Good luck on the Relay for Life. I wish you great luck. It's coming up on 5 years this Christmas since the Big C caught up with me. Your cause is dear to my heart. Post a link to how to donate for your team.
And happy belated anniversary. So glad your husband wouldn't let you go cheap. Sounds like a great evening.
Happy Anniversary. What did you have to eat?
We pay a co-pay when we get meds that aren't available at the base pharmacy. I don't know if you do the same when you're active duty.
With very few exceptions, we have always had great medical care while in the Air Force. Retired now, we resent that we have to pay for the medical care my husband was promised he and his spouse would have for free for life if he laid down his life 24-7 for 23 years, 3 months and 27 days. Since downsizing the military though, military medical care has really changed. 20 years ago they would have given you the antibiotics in the Emergency room. Now, their are hardly any emergency rooms left. I'll get off my soapbox now.
A little over three months ago I had a total hip replacement. I have just written two posts about it.
Post a Comment