Monday, July 20, 2009

Fort Wayne and Chicago



Our trip continued after Memphis to Fort Wayne, Indiana. Mandy and I were living there when I met Jeff. He was stationed in Italy at the time. We even got married in Fort Wayne. We visited a few friends, saw our old stomping grounds, spent a day at the zoo, etc.

The rest of the photos here are from the next stop on our road trip which was Chicago. It was raining the day we arrived and again the day we left, however to day we spent walking around seeing Chicago was absolutely gorgeous. I Hope you enjoy the pictures.

Looking through all of these shots brings back memories of the day. We had such a great trip. I enjoyed the time spent with my family. We were in a small car or small hotel room for about 10 days. It was fun.

I try not to think about the fact that Amanda is 18 and bound to leave home and spend less time with us eventually. Or the fact that Jeff will be deployed for six months. Did I tell you that he is also been chosen to go to the Senior NCO Academy in October? Which means he will be gone for October and November - come home - leave toward the end of December - not come home until early July. Plus he has to go away to get training for his deployment, I guess that will occur sometime between now and October. Been nice knowing you hun.

Seriously though we are going to be fine. I have a lot of great friends and a busy school year planned. I am on a ton of committees for school and the American Cancer Society. So hopefully I will see people and not become a hermit.

What all that has to do with Chicago and Fort Wayne, who knows. I think what I was going for is that our time together was tinged with the thought that we would soon be apart and we were all extra sweet and extra patient.

4 comments:

Lorelei said...

I'm glad you had a nice trip!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Distance makes the heart grow fonder!
Love the pics!

luckyzmom said...

What fun. Thank you for sharing your adventure.