Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Dream sheet

The list of overseas assignments available came out today. For Jeff, there was nothing.

There were two assignments available for a Tech Sgt in May:

Turkey & Portugal

There is a possibility that they would give him one of these positions, Jeff is one rank higher than Tech Sgt, but it is within the realm of possibility so he is going to put those on his dream sheet.

There are two assignments available for a Tech Sgt in February:

*Alaska and *Hawaii

We are scheduled to leave here in March, and asking to leave early is usually answered with a big fat no. Still there is a slight to slim possibility that they would let Jeff do a job slated for a Tech Sgt a month before we are scheduled to leave. So he will put those on the dream sheet too. In order to sweeten the deal and make ourselves more attractive we will ask for an extended long assignment, which is four years.

Finally there are two positions available working at the US embassy in New Delhi, India. One for Tech Sgt and one for Master Sgt. Those positions are outside of Jeff's career field and require special permission. To get one of those positions is hard, but he is applying for both just in case. The India assignments are for two years and yes the family can come.

Otherwise, if everyone says no to us, which is the most likely circumstance we will be returning to the US. Where in the US, that list comes out in October.

So: Portugal, Turkey, Hawaii, Alaska, India, or somewhere in the US.

* the military treats Hawaii and Alaska like overseas assignments

4 comments:

laura capello said...

Well, I don't see anything wrong with Turkey, Portugal, Hawaii or Alaska.

But then again, I live in *Kansas*.

Dixie said...

Portugal sounds good. Hawaii sounds like heaven.

Anonymous said...

And which of these is on *your* dream sheet?

Hawaii does sound like heaven, but man it's expensive to live there, isn't it? I think they all sound incredibly exciting. But if I were picking? I might say Alaska.

Marshamlow said...

If I had to choose it would be India as my first choice. But, I don't get to choose so I don't really care, anywhere we go we will be together. Except if Jeff is deployed, and then anywhere we are will suck!