Just a quick note about my new job.
I love it.
Now I am off to shower and voluteer at the school. Someone has to cut out all the letters for the kindergarten teachers and coalate all the construction paper for the first grade teachers. I am pretty sure I am going to be asked to continue to count the fund raisier monies. I guess I like all that too. Is it posible to be more boring than me?
I went to the home of my new employers yesterday. They work out of their home. I got to hear their Katrina story which is that they stayed, their home and cars were destroyed, they found themselves with a shopping cart full of things that were salvagable from their home and covered in dirt and scratches, with no where to go and no way to get there. What a story. What a run-on sentence!
They got a new home after Katrina, one that needed a lot of work. They are so busy with the new business that the new home is still under construction. It is also their office.
I was there for about three and a half hours. The pace was incredible. They are both incredibly smart and juggling a million things at once. Happy and loving their life but the pace was staggering. It was amazing that I was able to keep up. I think I was a bit impressive, my mind still works.
I was up after midnight last night getting things in order and working. Up at 5:30 to get the girls off to school. I couldn't help but notice the mommy pace is very peaceful and slow. My darling kids do not do well with rushing. We get up with plenty of time to get ready and we end up doing a lot of waiting and goofing around in the morning. I think I was missing the pushing my brain to the limit.
I was feeling like I had nothing to offer the fast paced working world. Here I am feeling like I am a valuable part of a team. I never thought it was posible to walk my kid to the bus in the morning, be there in the afternoon when she gets off the bus and still be a vibrant part of a team. I love the internet and the fact that it has working outside of an office possible.
I guess that was more than a quick note.
Please say a prayer for my friend Angel. I believe in prayer and if you do too, she could use some love.
I Think I May Have A Screw Loose
-
I saw my podiatrist yesterday. One part of my foot is still hurting (it's
been almost two months since the surgery). He thinks it may be one of the
screws ...
3 comments:
FANTASTIC!!!
I'm celebrating for you!!
Secretly having hope for myself entering the workforce someday.
P-
Pleased to hear you are enjoying your job:D
Post a Comment