Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Lost My Voice

I cannot seem to shake this cold I have. Which is annoying because the rest of the family got it and got over it just fine. I must be the weak one.

I lost my voice over the weekend. After awhile the family gave up talking to me and I went into Lily's room and took a nap. All by myself for about 3 hours. Every morning Lily asks if I have my voice back or not. She doesn't want to have anything to do with a whispering mom. Trying to talk makes me cough. I think my sign language and funny faces are hillarious. Lily not so much.

People keep calling me on the phone asking for me to volunteer. I have been staying away from the school while I am sick. They normally nag, but with the voice I currently barely have they just tell me to get well.

I have to work at the office today. Hoping I don't cough all over the boss. Better stop for cough drops on the way.

I hate being sick.

6 comments:

mamadaisy said...

I hope you're feeling better soon. sick is no fun at all.

Anonymous said...

I hate being sick, too. I'm waiting for it, though. The change of seasons does me in every time.

Feel better soon!

Lorelei said...

Hope you're feeling better soon!!

Sheila said...

Sorry you are under the weather. Hope you turn the corner soon.

Kathy said...

I hope you feel better soon. I hate being sick.

luckyzmom said...

Get well soon.