The Friday before Gustav, whenever that was, Lily came home with a note from the teacher saying she had been chosen as Star Student of the week for doing a great job. You could have blown me over with a feather. Her teacher and assistant teacher describe my Lily as being sweet and bright.
This same girl gets off the bus everyday with a smile. She gets on the bus with a smile. However, on the short walk from the bus stop to our home she has almost always begun to cry about something. This crying usually continues off and on until she goes to bed.
She seems to be able to behave beautifully at school, but she saves it all up for me. How sweet of her. I do realize this is entirely my fault and the child needs more discipline. I am slowly holding her more and more accountable at home. I cannot tell you how happy I am that she is doing well at school.
Today Lily started asking me questions like, "what would happen if ...."
.... If I run in school?
.... If I yell in school?
.... If I hit the teacher?
I wonder if she is contemplating trying some of her less than favorable behaviors at school. I have no doubt she already has plans to take over the world.
I Think I May Have A Screw Loose
-
I saw my podiatrist yesterday. One part of my foot is still hurting (it's
been almost two months since the surgery). He thinks it may be one of the
screws ...
3 comments:
This is very common. I remember people telling me how sweet and polite Em was while at school or someone's house.
Thank goodness for that. But she did save up the crappy attitude for me. It will probably change a bit as school becomes more integrated into her routine.
And CONGRATULATIONS on the job!!!!
My daughter, the meanie, goes to a Catholic school. One year she won Model Christian Student. Did I congratulate her? No. I laughed! It still makes me laugh -- and I mean GUFFAW -- because she is so NOT nice and polite to us. She saves that all up for people who don't know her.
I thought my daughters kindergarden teacher was talking about someone else's child because she gushed about what a wonderful example she was to the rest of the class. Totally not how she behaved at home. My son was just the opposite. They have to let off steam somewhere.
Post a Comment