When an Amish woman is making a quilt she purposefully adds a small imperfection, only Jesus is perfect and she doesn't want to have a perfect quilt. When I was taking my five hour quilting lessons, my instructors would tell me that mine was an Amish quilt whenever I noticed a mistake. The showed me how to look at it in perspective, from a distance and notice the beauty. Since then I have been applying that lesson to everyday life. I have been saying to myself, that was an Amish quilt. I believe this has caused me to see more of the positive things in life as opposed to the small imperfections, that I am usually focusing all of my attention.
For example, I had to take the final exam for a class a couple of days ago. So far I have had 100% of all the points possible on every assignment and every quiz. I have been trying very hard. But, when the teacher gave us a study guide for the final I kept putting off studying. The day of the final, which was scheduled at 5:30pm I chose to go play outside most of the day instead of studying. I had a blast, beautiful days are few and far between. Lily met some sweet little girls her size and had the time of her life. I took the final and got a 78%, wow that is bad! I don't know that I have ever gotten a 78 and I had the potential to do much better. But, that was an Amish quilt! I still get an A in the class, so really sitting in the sunshine watching Lily have such a great day, was the right choice and I am happy with my 78.
Why is it that the Blogger spell check does not recognize the word blog?
I Think I May Have A Screw Loose
-
I saw my podiatrist yesterday. One part of my foot is still hurting (it's
been almost two months since the surgery). He thinks it may be one of the
screws ...
2 comments:
I love your last sentence -- that is the amish quilt of your post!
And besides, who wants to be perfect all the time, and make perfect things? Gah.
I say the same thing about my knitting - when I make a mistake I say "Well only Jesus was perfect!".
Post a Comment