Thursday, May 18, 2006

Sunburn

Yesterday we spent the entire day outside. I pushed Lily in the stroller. We met up with a friend and went to a playground. We walked to get the car. All told we spent about 5 hours in the sun.

I have had incredibly fair skin my entire life. You would think I would have learned by now to put on sunscreen. For some reason every year I need to get a good sunburn before I remember the sunscreen. This year I got one myself and one for Lily. Seems like yesterday that the snow melted. I guess I better get some sunscreen, hats, and start working our outside time around the sunburn hours of 10-2.

Our walk was lovely, though. I love where I live. We walked past a lake, a golf course, a forest. The cherry blossoms are almost gone. We didn't make it to any cherry blossom festivals this year. We tried, but it kept raining on weekends. The cherry trees are now filled with green leaves. I know that you all had spring months ago, but it finally reached me up here in the arctic circle.

I have a ton of homework to do, so best that I stay out of the sun today. Still the playground is calling my name. Plus, Lily's naps are so sweet after the playground. I can't believe I let Lily get a sunburn. She is nearly three and I managed to keep her from burning all this time. I hate sunburns.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about the sunburns. I have started making it part of Jakes morning routine when he gets dressed, we always put the sunscreen on. I use SPF45 yet his skin is getting darker, no sunburns. I honestly think he may have some of the Italian olive skin in him from my mother-in-laws side. Lets hope!

laura capello said...

Ouch! I don't burn, and neither has the boys, but Aaron burns like no one's business -- ten minutes outside and his neck will flake for a week.