Thursday, September 06, 2007

Thursday Thirteen # 9

Thirteen things that make me happy.

  1. The sound of my kids laughing.

  2. The sound of my husband laughing.

  3. Hearing one of my favorite songs from childhood come on the radio unexpectedly.
  4. Desserts with chocolate.

  5. Soup on a cold day.

  6. A finished project, like finally being done with decorating my new living room.

  7. Sunshine. I love the feel of sun on my face.

  8. Conversations with girl friends.

  9. Swimming, I just love the way it feels to submerge myself completely under the cool water, holding my breath and straining to swim fast and far. The world is mutted, the sun is bright while I am cool. It is one of the best feelings.

  10. Lazy days with a new book.

  11. The first day of a new class. I am a returning college student currently taking an intermediate web design course CMST 386 for those of you familar with UMUC.

  12. The season premiere of a favorite show, like Survivor.

  13. That moment in the afternoon when Lily is down for a nap, just before Mandy comes home from school, with Jeff at work, that moment in the day that is all mine, when I play Spades at zone.com and watch General Hospital.



Happy TT. To find more lovely lists of Thursday Thirteens visit:
The Thursday Thirteen website

16 comments:

Shelby said...

wonderul happy things.. I so get the last one (well - and the others too).. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on this list. beautiful.

Unknown said...

Fun list...They make me happy as well

Cindy Swanson said...

Great list! I need to remember to do a "happy list" at some point.

Gail Martin said...

Wonderful list.

Lorelei said...

Who is your Prof. for 386? I took that last semester.

Marshamlow said...

prof. Wendy Hume

cindy kay said...

Very nice list. One of my favorite things, too, is hearing my family laughing.

Anonymous said...

Hi Marsha,
This was such a neat list. I sure do love that swimming feeling, although I don't swim so fast and far anymore!

Angel Fernandez Clark said...

Marsha...I took that class too about a year ago. Another professor but a good class nonetheless.

Marshamlow said...

angel, good then I know who to ask for help.

JO said...

# 1 and 2 makes me happy too!

Happy TT.

Lynn said...

Your list of 13 makes me smile...it's so happy;~D

The Rainmaker said...

I like number 12. SURVIVOR...yeah.

luckyzmom said...

Number one for me is laughing with my kids. Just brings joy to my heart. Then the laughter of my husband and grandchildren. #4 But it has to be really good chocolate now days. #6 definetely number six. #7 On the hot sand on a tropical island. #9 For me it would be floating. I can float peacefully for hours. #12 CSI Crime Scene, Greys, ER.

Naomi said...

That's a great list Marsha. It's funny how people sometimes forget the little things in life that bring us so much joy. I was looking at your Flick album. Your kids are lovely. I'm sure you're very proud of them.

BTW You have a great blog. Thanks for visiting me and your lovely comments. It would be great to have you at the carnival.