Sunday, November 25, 2007

The Christmas Tree


We still haven't gotten the lights outside put up, I guess the turkey still has us in a fog. It is almost gone, back to having to cook I guess.

We own a fake white Christmas tree. You can go here and watch a video I made last Christmas of Lily singing her ABC's next to our Christmas tree. Ok, you only see a little bit of the tree, but isn't Lily cute? We originally bought this tree because I am allergic to the real thing. Jeff went to the store and bought the cheapest tree he saw, he didn't notice that it was white or that it was only about 3 feet tall. The picture on the box was of a green really tall tree.

We had the little white tree for many years. The first few years we covered her in Christmas lights that had a green wire, we finally found a white strand of lights last year and our tree looked almost respectable. The thing about fake trees is that through all the moves and all the time spent in boxes the tree starts to look pretty bad. This year when we took it out of the box it was not only all scrunched up and pathetic but it had turned brownish. I don't know if it was the water damage from the move or from the high heat and humidity of our garage this summer, but our little white tree was retired this year.

Instead of getting another fake tree, I let Jeff get a real one. He was so excited. So here I am typing to you sitting next to my enormous real Christmas tree, anyone have any Clariton?

Now we couldn't very well put our white strand of lights around our green tree. We decided instead to take the green strand of lights that we had bought to put up around the house, around the tree instead. Except Jeff didn't think that was such a great idea, because the strands are terrible long and it was difficult to get around the tree. I was also complaining that Jeff had put the tree too close to the wall making it even more difficult to get the lights up. Chad sat back and took intermittent pictures of our tree trimming "discussions". I have a feeling after spending time with us Chad will never get married.

Mandy had a hard day at work and did not want to participate in the tree picking or tree trimming. Or even the going out to Chinese food for dinner. Lily helped decorate the tree by throwing ornaments into a hole between the branches. Which I did not notice for some time. Who knows how many of our ornaments were tossed into Lily's black hole. Now we just have to do the outside of the house and we will be set.

6 comments:

Dixie said...

Pretty, pretty, pretty!

Princess Cat's Pajamas said...

What a lovely tree!

I haven't gotten to put up a tree in many years. I miss it.

Lynn said...

I love how a live tree smells:~)

Lorelei said...

Too funny about Chad...

Sheila said...

It's a really pretty tree. We always buy a live tree but they are a lot of trouble for us to get up and then there are those needles.

Anonymous said...

I like Lily's version of helping. Yeah, Christmas decorating always has it's share of "discussions". Why can't it be easy and fun? Too bad you had to retire the white tree. A brownish-white three foot tree sounds interesting!