Thursday, November 08, 2007

one of those weeks

Poor Little Miss Lily is still sick. What a week. She really hates the diarrhea, she cries, and says, Mommy help me. She doesn't want to let it out. It is traumatic. We get it all done and I comfort her. Poor thing. She is quite upset that she is unable to will herself better.

I had Jeff go around the hospital, where he works, and ask all his doctor friends for advice. Like is there a medicine that I can give her? Or am I doing the right things? When is it time to take her to the doctor? Each doctor, each nurse, had completely different advice. Very frustrating. Some say no milk, some say yes milk. Some say give her medicine, some say no medicine use clotting foods. They give me a list of foods and drinks to give her and none of those things are things Lily eats.

I am proud of the fact that Lily is not dehydrated and she doesn't have a rash. The germy house is being kept hospital sterile. Mandy hasn't gotten sick.

My Lily is such a energetic little girl, it is hard to see her be quiet. She hardly ever wants to cuddle and this week, she just wants me to hold her. She isn't asking me any questions, no why is it Thursday? She isn't telling me no.

Yesterday evening, we woke up from our nap and were feeling pretty good. I wanted to see Lily laugh so badly. I started saying the bad words that we are not allowed to say, just cause I know she gets a kick out of saying bad words. We said: butt, shut up, and boobies. When Dad came home she told him to Shut his butt. It was so fun. I feel a little bad, but it was so nice to see her perk up and laugh.

Today she is the same, when is it supposed to get better? The "Mommy help me" thing is killing me. I missed the deadline for my homework. My living room light/ceiling fan has a short and goes off/on- off/on, the cable for the computer hasn't come even thought my card has been charged, it has just been one of those weeks.

8 comments:

Sheila said...

That's a hard one. Hope this is over soon. Take care of yourself too.

Lynn said...

I feel for you...and for Lily too!. Whenever my kids have had diarrhea the doctors have put them on a B.R.A.T. diet. It consists of Bread, Rice, Applesause, and Toast along with lots of clear liquids (but no juice). It seems to work for my kids. I don't know if Lily eats any of those things. Good Luck.

Lorelei said...

I'm sorry you're having a rough week. Why not teach her the "Diarrhea! Diarrhea! Cha-Cha-Cha" rhymes? That always cheered up my DS. Here are some to start with:

When you're sittin on the can and you're feelin like a man...

When you're standin in the shower and you feel an urge of power...

When you're drivin in your car and you drop a chocolate bar...

When you're climbin up a ladder and you're hearin something splatter...

When you go to touch your toes and it shoots out like a hose...

When you're flyin up to space with a grimace on your face...

Some people think it's funny but it's really black and runny...

mamadaisy said...

oh you poor thing! (both of you!) it's so hard when mommy can't make everything all better.

i think you should follow Lorelei's advice! (reading it made me laugh, anyway)

luckyzmom said...

Poor sweet baby. Hope the skies clear up soon so you can put on a happy face.

Laura said...

Oh no...I'm so sorry she is hurting. The potty problems are the worst. Poor thing. I hate when my children cry. I feel so helpless. Big hugs to you.

Marshamlow said...

Lorelei, you are divine. The Divine Miss L.

Kathy said...

Poor Lily and poor you! It's hard to see your baby be sick. I hope she's better soon.