Thursday, November 15, 2007

The Concert

Last night I stayed up until midnight waiting for Mandy to come home. She went to a concert on a school night. Aren't I a great mom? It was called the Carnival of Chaos and there were four bands: Red, Three Days Grace, Seether and Breaking Benjamin. I have never heard of any of them. Mandy says I would recognize their songs if I heard them...

A boy invited her, he paid for her ticket, he picked her up, he brought her home (actually he doesn't drive either so it was his parents). She says this is not a date. I wonder what a date is? She had so much fun, she was bouncing off the walls when she came home. I imagine that she is sleeping in class right now.

There was another concert in town this week one featuring Rick Springfield and Eddie Money, now I have heard of them.

12 comments:

Lynn said...

It sounds like a lot of fun. If I stayed out until Midnight on a school night, you wouldn't be able to wake me up to go to school the next day! Oh to be young again. sigh

Cynthia said...

Wow way to go Mom for letting her go. I remember The Police were playing and Mom wouldn't let me go cause it was a school night. I still haze her about it! I have never heard of those bands btw...I'll meet you at the Rick Springfielld concert;)

Anonymous said...

How old is Mandy? I hate to break it to you, but it sounds like a date to me! I remember the very first concert I ever went to. It was Amy Grant and I knew almost all the songs. There was nothing like that feeling of being young and going to your first concert. No wonder she was bouncing off the walls!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like Mandy got herself a beau...:-)

Angel Fernandez Clark said...

WOW....Out with a boy until midnight, good for her and good for you trusting her!

meno said...

It was a date.

I've heard of Three Days Grace, but that's it.

Lorelei said...

Sounds like a date to me!! I'm glad she had fun.

Sheila said...

I hate getting to where I don't recognize band names. My two sons do introduce me to new music though and so I'm not totally stuck in the 60s and 70s and with my favorite, jazz, which by the way they also appreciate.

sari said...

I'd go see Eddie Money!

Kathy said...

I've heard of Breaking Benjamin. I love the cover of one of their albums. A date is an emotional thing -- I still say to this day that I never dated my husband because we were only friends, not boyfriend and girlfriend, when we used to go places together before we got married. He begs to differ and says he considers those dates.

Dixie said...

I dig me some Breaking Benjamin. :)

luckyzmom said...

Let us know when you find out what constitutes a "date" nowdays!