Last night as I felt the cold coming on, Lily woke up feeling poorly. I had to stay up for a couple of hours and help her with the squishy poopy and overall feeling poorly. As I was rocking her back to sleep I was flicking through the channels on the TV. Not yet ready to put Lily back to bed. Holding her tight, worried, and incredibly tired myself. I came upon a young woman, a TV anchor who was voicing her opinion on mothers. This young woman, said something to the effect that while she herself was not yet a mother, the moms she sees who look at their children as work instead of as gifts disgust her. This woman feels that caring for her future children will be the greatest joy of her life.
It ain't rainbows coming out of my sick babies butt. Maybe it is because I am bone weary. My husband took a day off work to sleep when he got this crud, me I had to stay up all night and all day cleaning stinky poopy and stinky puke. Anyways, this attitude that what we do isn't work. Of course it is a joy, of course I love my girls, but if it ain't work I don't know what is.
I Think I May Have A Screw Loose
-
I saw my podiatrist yesterday. One part of my foot is still hurting (it's
been almost two months since the surgery). He thinks it may be one of the
screws ...
8 comments:
I'm glad I wasn't eating breakfast while reading this post.
I hope you get some sleep at some point.
It is the hardest job out there. Most exhausting, back breaking work ever, but it is also one of the most satisfying jobs around. That reporter has a big eyeopener waiting for her when she has kids. I have a good friend, same age as us, with no kids. She wants them but it just hasn't happened, and I think that is a good thing, I don't think she could handle it! CHildren are great but it ain't all roses, or in your case...it stinks! LOL Hope Lily starts feeling better and you too! Let the house go and take care of yourself.
i can accept comments like that from a mother, but people who haven't been there need to keep their ignorance to themselves.
as much as we love and treasure our children, and as much as there are joyful and fulfilling moments, it is a hell of a lot of work with no days off for vacation or sick time.
i hope that tv station gets flooded with complaints!
and i hope you guys are feeling better soon.
I hope everyone starts to get better soon. I guess I have trouble with people judging others without having walked in their shoes.
Caring for anyone who can't care for themselves is work. Anyone who can't recognize that doesn't truly understand what's involved with taking care of another person.
I hope everyone in your house is feeling better very soon!
Isn't that how it always goes? They are getting better when you are getting sick...and they forget what it felt like. I hope you are feeling better soon.
I think you got up on the wrong side of the bed today....or did you even get in the bed? (LOL, J/K)
PS
Thanks for the sites....I will use them all.
It's the best and the worst.
Post a Comment