Sunday, August 31, 2008

12 to 24 hours to go

Lily is finally asleep. She is having a very hard time. She is at that age where change and uncertainty are very difficult. I am not really sure what to tell her. She fell asleep on the way to dinner, so we got some kfc drive thru and came back to the hotel.

Our hotel is very nice. We had the pool to ourselves this afternoon. Lily and I had a blast. The entire pool is around three feet deep and Lily had plenty of room to swim without me as a spotter. She is nearly able to swim across a pool without help. I thought for sure that would tire her out. She only got about six hours of sleep last night and was really dragging today. Even after all that she didn't fall asleep until we were on our way to dinner.

Jeff has boarded up our house and has evacuated to the base. He will ride the storm out there. All indications and predicitions are that our home will be fine. I am having a hard time. If I think about it I cry. So much stress. Soon it will be over, yet Hanna is on a path similar to Katrina. Next week might be the same as this week. Fun.

Thanks for all your kind words. That means so much.

5 comments:

sari said...

I'm praying for you guys! I hope everything is ok.

mamadaisy said...

i'm sorry it's so hard. i know how scary it is.

i'm glad lily is keeping busy with the pool.

meno said...

been watching the newss and thinking of you...

I'm sorry it's so hard on poor Lily, and you.

Lynn said...

Glad to hear the you have moved to a safer place. I continue to watch the news, and to keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Dixie said...

I've been thinking of y'all and hoping that you're doing well. I know this is a whole lot to cope with. Poor Lily. It's got to be so tough on her. And I'm praying that the next hurricane dies out before reaching too far into the gulf. I don't count on it but I'm still praying for it.

I hope you're back home in no time. You and Jeff must miss each other like crazy.