Thursday, July 26, 2007

Swamped

This week I have been swamped with swimming lessons (Lily) volleyball (Mandy) and driving Mandy to and from work. I am behind in everything and in a really grumpy mood. You most likely wouldn't want to read anything I have to say. I hope your week is going better than mine. Does anyone have any tasty veggie recipes? I am trying to get more veggies into me, got any suggestions on how to make them taste good? I'll post my favorite veggie recipe in the comments tomorrow.

6 comments:

Lorelei said...

Yes! I have lots of ways to make veggies taste good. For cooked cauliflower, cover it with loads and loads of cream cheese sauce (that has lots of butter and cream) -- in fact that sauce is good on broccoli too! For celery, add lots of peanut butter or cream cheese to it, for carrots, try adding a nice thick butter sauce with some sprinkling of brown sugar.

Oh, right - you meant "healthy" additions. ;-) Sorry.

Anonymous said...

I always sprinkle lemon and herb seasoning on my veggie! YUMMO!~~Angel

Marshamlow said...

Umm, I think I like Lorelei's recipes better. That could be my problem.

My recipe: saute onion, bell pepper, and celery in a mix of olive oil and butter. Sprinkle with potato starch (or flour) cook for a couple of minutes low temp. Add cream (or skim milk), add frozen corn, salt and pepper. Bring to low boil. MMM, my favorite.

Lynn said...

We love veggies at our house (we're vegetarians). What about if you saute some onions. Steam: broccoli, asparagus, green beans. Mix it all together. Put it on top of a baked potato. Pour some melted butter, and sprinkle lemon on top, and if you want, sprinkle cheese on top too.

Dixie said...

I'm so stinking lazy that most of the time we just eat veggies raw. Raw kohlrabi, cucumber, bell peppers, carrots. I'm too lazy to even fool with mixing them in lettuce and breaking out salad dressing.

Sheila said...

I love veggies. Fresh vegetables sauteed in a little olive oil with chopped garlic is pretty easy and good. I have several recipes for pasta salads and will post a couple on my blog when I get a chance. Check there.

Know the feeling about being swamped. We are going out of town and I have a college freshman son to launch out of the nest.