Monday, October 08, 2007

NaBloPoMo


Did you happen to see the little widget on the bottom of the left column of my blog? November is National Blog Posting Month. Post every day for the month of November. That's all you have to do. Last year I did not join in on the fun, but many of my favorite bloggers did, and this year I am going to give it a try as well. Last year there were more than 2000 participants and this year there are 947 people already signed up. It is a great way to meet new bloggers and have a lot of fun. Plus, there are prizes.

You can read more about it here at Fussy.org.
Or go directly to the NaBloPoMo.com to sign up.
And don't forget to add me as your friend!

How to find something interesting to say everyday for an entire month is quite a challenge. Some ideas that others have had is to attempt to write that book, just wing it, research a topic you are interested in learning more about and post your findings, photos count, video counts...

I am going to try to take this opportunity to write more about our travels, to post some of those stories that I haven't had a chance to write about as of yet. To find time to get all those photos and stories organized and posted. That was the original reason I started this blog, now I just blather on about any old thing. What about you, are you brave enough to take on this challenge?

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for posting this..SOunds fun!!

Do you mind visiting hubbys blog at www.valtool.blogspot.com? hes feeling down and I think some comments would help!

Laura said...

I signed up last week. It sounds a tad eaier than Nanowrimo which I always fail at.

Laura said...

That would be "easier". My "s" key is sticking.

Anonymous said...

I would but I will be on vacation for 10 days with no computer access due to incompetent in-laws who live in the middle of no where and have no computer access at their house. So maybe next year?

meno said...

I did it last year. I am not going to do it again, but i feel a little tug of sadness in saying that.

Lynn said...

I am definitely contemplating joining in. I'm just not sure that I am up to the pressure of 'having' to post everyday. I'll keep thinking about it, since you are making it sound like so much fun.

Lorelei said...

Did you get rid of Blogrush?

Sheila said...

Well, I could certainly find something to say but I probably won't make the commitment. I look forward to seeing/hearing about your travels--especially the time in Italy (I did remember right I hope).

Kathy said...

I couldn't find something to say everyday but I'll read yours.

Anonymous said...

Hello? Anybody home? You have been awefully quiet here in blog land. Everything okay? Just wondering where you are. I miss your little chat board. Did we ever decide on a book and when to have it read by in the book club? Missing you and as always, wondering about you! LOL

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting this...I've never heard of it!

Lynn said...

I've given you an award. Be sure to stop by and pick it up:~)

Naomi said...

Look forward to reading more about your travels Marsha. Gosh that's a big commitment doing a daily post. I've had so many work commitments this week, I haven't posted since last Sunday! I'll have to try and do better!