Thursday, June 07, 2007

Washington, D.C.

We spent the day in D.C. today. I didn't take all of the great advise y'all gave me, instead we spent four hours walking around taking pictures of monuments. Here are a few of the pictures. It was a really beautiful day and we all had a great time. Even little Miss Lily. Tomorrow we are spending the morning with Jeff's sister and then we are off to Tennessee for the weekend. Jeff has always wanted to see the Smokey Mountains. Did I tell you that we spent most of our time in Roanoke, driving around looking at the Appalachian mountains? Now off to the Smokies. They all look alike to me. Maybe I will be able to get some homework done.

I am on page 104 of the book, you are right there aren't chapters. I agree that it is hard to get into at first. Hang in there.


















10 comments:

Lorelei said...

What a great shot of the Washington Monument! Yes, we've been having great weather lately, I'm glad you got to enjoy some of it!

Ok, I will stick with the book and not give up. :)

Anonymous said...

Lovely pictures - Little Miss Lilly is gorgeous!!!!!!!!!! I am glad to see you are all doing ok - I have been a bit on the scarce side - I do try and keep up what's going on in all my blogs!!!! Take Care and enjoy your weekend!

Gen (www.goosie.wordpress.com)

laura capello said...

you all are such a cute family!

Anonymous said...

Great pics!

I wonder if you have to be Southern to "get" this book? I didn't think so, but then, I am Southern, so maybe. It's very true to form for me in that I know women who could be these women. Maybe that's why it struck such a chord with me.

Lorelei said...

Isn't Maryland considered the South? lol Maybe not. Maybe I just need to read some more... :)

sari said...

Is it wrong that my favorite picture is the "passed out in the carseat" shot?

I have a few just like it, they always make me laugh.

Glad you're having fun!

meno said...

Oh i love DC. Thanks for those pictures. Isn't the metro great?

Lynn said...

Nice pics! Sounds and looks like you are all having a good time.

Dixie said...

Love the pictures. Makes me miss the time when I lived up there outside of DC.

Anonymous said...

I love your photos, as always! I liked the sleeping ones, too.
xoxo